Extended abstract submissions for the 3rd Australasian Exploration Geoscience Conference is now open!
On behalf of the Conference Organising Committee, the Technical Program Committee, co-chaired by Dr Binzhong Zhou and Ms Alison Troup, invite you to submit your extended abstract for the 3rd Australasian Exploration Geoscience Conference (AEGC 2021) to be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from 15 – 20 September 2021. The AEGC 2021 Conference will provide you with a world class forum to showcase your latest technical advances and research achievements in all areas of geoscience related exploration techniques.
|Friday 22 January 2021||Extended Abstract Open|
|Monday 12 April 2021||Extended Abstracts Close – EXTENDED|
|Friday 14 May 2021||Author Notification with Feedback|
|Thursday 20 May 2021||Author Registration Deadline|
|Friday 4 June 2021||Deadline for Author Update of Extended Abstracts|
The Organising and Technical Committee would like to advise that should your abstract be selected for oral presentation and Covid-19 travel restrictions are still in place, the Committees and Conference Managers will investigate virtual presentation options closer to the time.
Extended Abstract Submission
Extended abstract submission is now open!
Virtual registration now available!
Click the link below to register.
Types of Presentation
The AEGC 2021 Conference will include presentation types as follows:
The number of Oral Presentations able to be accommodated in the program is limited and presentations will be selected by the Technical Program Committee. The duration for oral presentation will be advised to the presenters at the time of selection.
The Poster Presentations will be displayed on a poster board without any audio-visual equipment. Poster presentations will be allocated to specific sessions to be advised at the time of selection.
The final presentation type will be selected by the Technical Program Committee. The Technical Committee reserves the right to relegate your short abstract which was accepted as an oral presentation to a poster presentation should an extended abstract is not received.
Sustainability – Geology for the sustainable world
Sustainability – Sustainable exploration
Sustainability – Sustainable mining
Sustainability – Footprint mitigation techniques and practices
Sustainability – Advances in sustainable practices
Sustainability – Environmental management
Sustainability – Sustainable employment
Sustainability – Building and Sustaining High Performing Teams
New economy minerals
Geoscience – Hydrogeology and Groundwater
Geoscience – Groundwater and contaminants
Geoscience – Environmental Geology
Geoscience – Engineering Geology
Geoscience – Regional and province studies
Geoscience – Deep crustal studies
Geoscience – Tectonics and Geodynamics
Geoscience – Structural Geology and Geomechanics
Geoscience – Archean and Proterozoic terranes
Geoscience – Magmatic/arc terranes
Geoscience – Geothermal energy
Geoscience – Petroleum Geoscience – Case Studies
Geoscience – Petroleum Geoscience – Unconventional hydrocarbons
Geoscience – Petroleum Geoscience – Petrophysics
Geoscience – Petroleum Geoscience – Petroleum Geophysics
Geoscience – Petroleum Geoscience – Petroleum exploration
Geoscience – Petroleum Geoscience – Petroleum systems
Geoscience – Stratigraphy and sedimentology
Geoscience – Basin modelling
Geoscience – Minerals Geoscience – Mineral exploration
Geoscience – Minerals Geoscience – Minerals Systems
Geoscience – Minerals Geoscience – Deposit types – Gold
Geoscience – Minerals Geoscience – Deposit types – Base metals
Geoscience – Minerals Geoscience – Deposit types – IOCG Deposits
Geoscience – Minerals Geoscience – Case studies
Geoscience – Minerals Geoscience – New economy minerals
Geoscience – Minerals Geoscience – Undercover exploration
Geoscience – Minerals Geoscience – Coal Geoscience – Coal Exploration
Geoscience – Minerals Geoscience – Coal Geoscience – Case studies
Geophysics – Seismic – Seismic acquisition
Geophysics – Seismic – Seismic processing
Geophysics – Seismic – Seismic interpretation
Geophysics – Seismic – Seismic AVO and inversion
Geophysics – Seismic – Passive seismic and microseismic
Geophysics – Seismic – 3D Seismic for mineral exploration
Geophysics – Reservoir Geophysics – Borehole geophysics and rock physics
Geophysics – Electrical and EM methods
Geophysics – Inversion
Geophysics – Mining geophysics
Geophysics – Coal Geophysics
Geophysics – Geothermal Geophysics
Geophysics – Near surface environmental geophysics
Geophysics – Engineering geophysics
Geophysics – Potential field methods
Geophysics – Undercover exploration
Geophysics – Time lapse geophysical modelling
Geophysics – Case studies
Data visualisation and integration
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Step 1: Click the ‘Submit Abstract’ button.
Step 2: Log in to your existing account. Please do not create a new author account.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Submit Extended Abstract’ button to begin submitting your abstract and download the extended abstract template. The template is also available here.
Step 4: Utilise the template to complete your extended abstract. Once completed, upload your completed extended abstract as a file in .doc. or .docx. Complete all other fields, noting those labelled with a (*) symbol must be filled.
Step 5: Click on ‘Submit’ to complete the submission process. You will be able to view a preview of your submission. Authors will be able to edit your submission prior to the deadline of Monday 29 March 2021.
Authors will be able to edit their profile, which was generated when an author account was created, by clicking on the ‘edit’ button under the Author(s) field section. Do note that your photo and biography will be displayed on the Conference mobile app if selected for presentation, thus please include relevant details you wish to be included.
Please direct any questions to the AEGC 2021 Conference Managers firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules and Guidelines
- Authors with accepted short abstract must submit an extended abstract. The Technical Program Committee reserves the right to relegate the accepted presentation type of an abstract from oral presentation to poster presentation should an extended abstract not be received.
- Extended abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract submission site. Photocopies, posted or emailed abstracts will not be
- Extended abstracts will be reviewed after the submission deadline of Monday 29 March 2021. Presenters will not be able to modify their extended abstracts after this date.
- Once the reviewing process is completed, authors will be given the opportunity to make edits to their extended abstract via the online abstract submission portal from Wednesday 5 May 2021, to Friday 28 May 2021.
- You may withdraw your extended abstract at any time without notifying AEGC 2021 until Monday 29 March 2021 through the abstract submission site. Abstracts withdrawn after Monday 29 March 2021, must be withdrawn using the ‘Contact Conference Manager’ function via the abstract submission portal. Requests not submitted via the portal will not be considered.
All presenters must agree to the following conditions when submitting an abstract:
- Affirm that the work has not been or will be published (in print or electronically) or presented elsewhere prior to the AEGC 2021 Conferece.
- Abstracts will be made available in electronic format to Conference participants only.
- The correctness of the abstracts is the responsibility of the authors. The Conference Managers will not edit the copy although the abstracts will go through a review process and feedback with be provided to authors. Authors will be given the opportunity to make edits from Wednesday 5 May 2021 to Friday 28 May 2021.
- As a commitment to attend and support the Conference, the presenters of the accepted papers are expected to register and pay either for the full Conference Program or the day of their presentation, before Thursday 20 May 2021 (a reminder will be sent to authors). Failure to register by this date may result in submitted abstracts being removed from the program.
- The preparation and supply of any handouts or other materials used in any presentation will be the responsibility of the presenter(s).
- All costs to attend the Conference including registration, travel and accommodation are to be met by the presenters.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I know if my extended abstract was successfully received? If there are any incomplete steps, you will not be able to submit your abstract. Please complete all required fields marked with red asterisk before submitting your abstract. You will be able to view a proof of your abstract when you click on the Submit button. You will also receive a confirmation email from the system following successful submission of your abstract.
- Is there a page limit imposed on extended abstract text? Yes, there is a 4-page limit to extended abstracts.
- What is the extended abstract deadline? Monday 29 March 2021. (11:59 p.m. AEST).
- Can I make changes to my extended abstract after the deadline? However, after the reviewing process is completed, the extended abstracts can be edited from Wednesday 5 May 2021 to Friday 28 May 2021.
- If I make a mistake during the extended abstract submission process, do I need to start a new submission? You can make changes to your submission at any time prior to the deadline of Monday 29 March 2021 by logging into your eOrganiser Account and selecting the Edit button. Be sure to save your changes and resubmit your abstract.
- Will AEGC 2021 edit my extended abstract? Once you submit your extended abstract, it will not be edited in any way for content. Typographical or grammatical errors that appear in your extended abstract submission will also appear in the final online Technical Program. Abstracts may be formatted only to follow AEGC 2021 publication guidelines or requirements.
Authors will be notified on Wednesday 5 May 2021 of any feedback for their extended abstract.
Authors can review feedback and make necessary edits to their extended abstract. Please select the checkbox ‘Ready for Publication’ once editing is completed. If no edits are required, please select the check box ‘Ready for Publication’ to notify the Conference Managers.
The editing deadline post feedback is Friday 28 May 2021.
The Technical Committee reserves the right to relegate your abstract which was accepted as an oral presentation to a poster presentation should an extended abstract not be received by the due date.